The Institute for Health and Bioeconomy (i4HB) is a strategic partnership between 3 leading research units:
- iBB - Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences (IST, Universidade de Lisboa)
- INESC-MN - Institute for System Engineering and Computers - Microsystems and Nanotechnologies
- UCIBIO - Applied Biomolecular Sciences Unit (NOVA University of Lisbon & University of Porto)
i4HB is anchored in strong scientific and technological competences in Health and Bioeconomy, and committed to make a difference and leverage National and International policies in these emergent priority areas.
- Promote and secure scientific employment by actively supporting excellent advanced training of human resources and by fostering the attraction and retention of talent in Portugal;
- Prioritize internationalization of R&D and exploitation activities through the increase and diversification of international and private funding sources;
- Reinforce excellence and impact in R&D through strategic, strong collaborations and partnerships with the private sector, public or private institutions, in a continuous support of public policies.